Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
- Information stored: Information stored includes name, address, phone and email addresses, brief notes on relevant health issues, history of treatments or previous Alexander Technique lessons, and source of their referral.
- Use of Data: Contact details are needed in case of emergency, or for changing/confirming appointment times as necessary. Health notes are for reference only. Data is not shared with any other individual, consultant or organisation without express permission of the individual. Analytics are not generally conducted.
- Right of access: Individuals can ask for a copy of the personal data retained about them and an explanation of how it is being used.
- Right to rectification: Individuals have the right to correct, revise or remove any of the personal data retained about them at any time.
- Right to be forgotten: Individuals can ask to delete their personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: If an individual believes, for example, that their personal data is inaccurate or collected unlawfully, the individual may request limited use of their personal data.
- Right of portability: Individuals have the right to receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. All Data on an individual can be requested for inspection and will be provided within 40 days.
- Right to object: Where an individual decides that they no longer wish to allow their personal data to be included in analytics or other personalised (targeted) marketing content at any time, the individual may opt out of use of their data for these purposes. However it should be noted that Noël Kingsley does not as a rule use direct marketing.
- Duration of data records: Data is generally stored for a period of 8 years, or as long as the client is attending Alexander Technique lessons. There are some exceptions where client’s data is stored for longer, i.e. in the case of Minors, which will be stored for 25 years. Individuals can request information about their data storage at any time.